Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Local Honey Again Recommended for Allergies

Allergy Treatment Could Have an Alternative, But Ask Your Doctor First
ConnectTriStates.com, 4/20/2010

The spring weather brings us all the pretty flowers, blooms, trees and freshly cut grass... but also allergies.

There might be another natural way to ease those symptoms.

In fact, Many of you may say it's time to throw out the pills and nasal sprays, and take a teaspoon of locally harvested honey.

Jim Blakemore tells us, "I take a tablespoon before I go to bed at night." That's been his ritual for the last 15 years.

It didn't take long for him to see the advantages to eating a bit of locally-harvested honey.

"Within a couple of days, I quit taking all my allergy tablets that I had to buy and I would enjoy the outdoors more." he told KHQA. And he's not alone, just ask local beekeeper Grant Gillard who states, "The secret is the honey is locally-produced with pollen from the surrounding area. The bees bring it back and that's what you ingest orally. So when you breathe in the pollen, your sinuses don't go crazy."…

No comments: