Thursday, March 03, 2011

Video: Cairo Physician Treats Patients with Bee Stings


Russia TV, Feb 25, 2011

A Cairo physician uses the venom of honey bees to kick-start patients’ immune systems and help them fight illness

Haj Sayed Assaeh once suffered from a severe illness – and after standard treatments failed, he subjected him to bee sting therapy.

He was so impressed with the results that he decided to start curing people himself, and became a professional.

Haj Sayed Assaeh opens his doors to dozens of patients every day suffering from a variety of illnesses. He treats all of them with the same method – bee sting therapy.

The medical use of bee venom dates back thousands of years. It was used in by the Pharaohs of ancient Egypt, and more recently by the Chinese and French.

“What encouraged me that I was diabetic and felt severe pain in my back and shoulder and had many other kinds of illnesses. My daughter was studying in the research center in Cairo and specialized on bees. She told me that lots of people come to center to cure. I did in turn –Praise be to God-. That was 8 years ago.” Said Haj Sayed Assaeh says.

Bees are sacred creatures in Islamic culture, and get a special mention in the Holy Quran.

Haj Sayed’s patients say the technique is highly effective.

“I’m a driver, I had severe pain in my back and knees, and sometimes I used to feel like I won’t be able to stand, I was so tired with that. I was cured with bees’ stings, and - thank God - I’m totally healthy”, says Muhammed Az-zaher, a local.

Patients come here for treatment after traditional medicine fails them. Haj Sayed’s approach is far from random – the number of and location of stings is precisely calculated, depending on the illness.

His daughter explains how it works.

“Bee venom contains 13 compounds, each cures specific illnesses, besides catalyzing the immune system. When the immune system works fine, it kills any disease”, says Hiba Assaeh.

Patients here don’t need a prescription and don’t have to go through the usual red-tape. But they’re always warned that treatment can be risky.

No comments: