By Mandy Jhamat, Marie Claire, 11/15/2013
The health benefits of manuka honey are well known, but have you ever thought about incorporating it into your beauty regime?...
1. Start with cleansed skin - my favourite is Bioderma Cleanser (also in Sensibio for sensitive skin).
2. Pick a premium manuka honey which is 100% raw with a bio active 12+ or above (this strength relates to its anti-bacterial effects). This means that honey has been cold pressed rather than fine filtered and so is closer to its natural state and retaining more of its health benefits.
3. Lightly wet the skin as it makes the application easier.
4. One tablespoon of honey should be enough to spread on the whole face.
5. Leave on for around 15-20 mins - this is where the anti-bacterial effects take place.
6. Wash off with warm water, pat dry. Your face should feel great after so only moisturise if absolutely necessary.