Saturday, January 31, 2015

Anti-Aging Serum Contains Bee Products

Sciote Advanced Bio Serum Review
Truth in Aging, 1/30/2015

I had the opportunity to test the Sciote Advanced Bio Serum ($70). This serum contains bee by-products, combined with antioxidants and "plant bio-actives," which help improve the texture and appearance of the skin by reducing redness and calming rosacea. It worked for me.

I initially used the Sciote Advanced Bio Serum on only one side of my face for about four weeks. I have had positive results, but I need to explain my skin type for you to understand why I think this worked for me. I am 50 years old and have dry, sensitive, sun-damaged skin that is prone to breakouts and redness. I used this serum along with other facial products, including a prescription for acne, a moisturizer with sunscreen (SPF 30) and a calming moisturizer as a last step in the line-up. The Sciote serum is a fragrance-free, colorless, light gel that I used morning and night. It plays well with other products and didn't seem to mind where in the order of my regimen it was placed, although I usually used it after my prescription and before the moisturizers and sunscreen.

It is important to note I have had success in the past using bee-related products, like Royal Nectar's face mask and moisturizer. For my skin, bee products seem to do a good job of addressing inflammation, reducing redness and tightening slightly (without dryness). Sure enough, this Sciote serum contains bee propolis and royal jelly, plus gotu kola, and had a similar effect.

I read that humans have been using propolis (used by bees to coat their hives) for thousands of years for many purposes, but primarily on wounds to fight infection; propolis does indeed have antiseptic properties. Royal jelly is produced by worker honey bees and typically contains about 60% to 70% water, 12% to 15% proteins, 10% to 16% sugar, 3% to 6% fats, and 2% to 3% vitamins, salts, and amino acids; it is used for various ailments including skin disorders…

No comments: