Time: 9 am - 5 pm both days
Location: Honeybee Center in Surrey, B.C.
Contact: Dr. Stefan Stangaciu
Email: Stefan Stangaciu
What you will learn:
Introduction to medicinal beekeeping
- Focus on the issues that are important for the quality and effectiveness of beehive products
- Use of alternatives to chemicals to treat bee diseases
- Methods for processing and storage of beehive products relevant for apitherapy
Preparation of beehive products
- Beehive products & herbs
- Beehive products & essential oils
- Beehive products & common foods
Properties and effects of beehive products including:
-Pollen and bee bread
- Bee venom
- Propolis and beeswax
- Royal jelly and apilarnil
Using beehive products to prevent and treat various ailments to beekeepers
What to Bring:
Laptop or notebook to take notes. Attendees will receive an information package to take home. We also suggest bringing your own coffee mug.
Dr. Stefan Stangaciu - International lecturer on medicinal beekeeping and apitherapy in Romania and other countries. Dr. Stefan has practiced in areas of preventative medicine and natural therapies with emphasis on the use of bee products (i.e. honey, propolis, bee venom, royal jelly, bee pollen, bee bread, Apilarnil, etc.). He has conducted clinical studies on apitherapy, acupuncture, and acupressure applied for the diseases of different patient.