Thursday, October 28, 2021

Why Propolis Might Be the Next Big Bee Byproduct


VOGUE

...Over the past few years, the benefits of propolis have slowly become more well-known, perhaps linked to the recent boom of designer honey. Manuka honey, which is thought to have antibacterial properties, can sell for up to $1,780. Propolis has admittedly experienced a much tamer ascent. When Stein searched for propolis products upon her return from Italy, the results were grim. “We were a little late to the party in North America,” says Stein. “I went back to finish up college in Canada where I’m from, and I couldn’t find these products. I found honey and manuka honey everywhere, but I couldn’t find propolis.” Stein started going to local beekeeping meetups and began making her own propolis mash-ups, using them herself or giving them to friends...

No comments: