Sunday, August 31, 2008

Does Bee Pollen Help You Lose Weight?

Healthy Recipes and More, 8/27/2008

As most of us search for the perfect diet, you may be surprised to learn that bee pollen and weight loss have been linked.

Research has found that bee pollen increases the metabolism, thereby speeding up the rate at which calories are burned. In fact, it is thought that pollen from the honeybee is even more potent as a weight loss alternative.

The pollen itself is low in calories, and it contains a substance called lecithin which allows fat to dissolve more readily in the body. In addition, the effect bee pollen has on cholesterol is positive, and can decrease cardiovascular disease as a result.

Another reason why bee pollen is so effective in losing weight is that it suppresses the appetite. Once you have a regular meal, you feel sated and do not require a second portion or snacks later on…

Bee pollen is also known as an energizer and has a domino effect on the body. The more energized you are, the more you will engage in physical activity, which will result in the loss of more weight…

Bee pollen is available in capsule form and can be taken in conjunction with a weight loss program. However, it should be stressed again to consult with your doctor before beginning any weight loss program, as well as ascertain if you are allergic to the pollen itself…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a fact, I had surgery.... Had horrible pain for 3 months .... Vicodin didn't help control pain... Neither did hormone therapy. I had serious stomach pain.., stabbing pain my ovary's ruptured... I started drinking bee pollen.. Capsuls " propolis" u can get it at any health food store... In 1 week I dropped 8 pounds ... I feel better than ever, energized I can work out for hours and still have energy. I sleep great. I have no abdominal pain... No constipation... my metabolism has never been this great! It's amazing. It helps!!!

Billie Jean said...

I accidentally stumbled upon propolis while studying medical transcription. I read that it helped cure colds, herpes virus and helped boost your immune system. I purchased the liquid form at a health food store and started taking it with a spoon of honey everyday. In one month I had dropped 10 pounds. I didn't exercise except for my normal running around, doing housework and so on. I didn't change my eating habit but found that I wasn't as hungry and couldn't eat as much as I previously had before taking it. It has been 9 months and I still take it. I went from a size 16 back to my regular size 12. I will never stop taking it.
BJ